Sunday, May 16, 2010

...i love to read...

Reading is one of my favorite free-time activities. Actually, it's one of my favorite any-time activities. I even remember my mom coming down after midnight to make me stop reading and go to bed as young as when I was in fourth grade! (Though, I remember her telling me that her dad had to do the same thing to her, so I think I know where I inherited it from!) 

The first author I remember loving is Roald Dahl. Some of my favorite books by Roald Dahl:

 And I still love re-reading his books to this day!

I love reading because it is a great way to escape. I love imagining that the things that happen in books are possible in real life (like magic, flying, damsels-in-distress, sparkly vampires and what-not). It's my way to adventure and explore because I'm probably too chicken to do those things in real life! Reading is also a way to keep me grounded because it helps me remember how much I love my life. The fiction and adventures are great, but my real life can't be beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment