My bad Monday started on Sunday night...that's how you know Monday's going to be awful. Sudnay night, Kyle & I were in the yard: he was mowing, I was weeding (spraying round-up actually, but whatever) when he noticed that my tire was low on the cobalt. Upon closer inspection, he also noticed a screw sticking out of the top of the tire. He put the spare on and then we went to the storage unit to get the mustang so I could drive it on Monday.
So this morning, I headed out in the rain in the mustang (which always makes it a little more interesting to drive.) I was so nervous about driving the mustang and leaving early, because I always drive slower in it, that I forgot to make a lunch. When I got to work, I left the lights on but luckily remembered to turn them off about 5 minutes later. Work was a typical Monday: crazy! Plus I needed to run an errand for Kyle, make dinner when I get home, and go to board meeting for the car club tonight! Will this day never end?
But part way through the day, I realized something. This Monday is bad because I'm making bad.
So let's replay the day (with my positive thinking in bold):
Sunday night, Kyle & I were in the yard: he was mowing, I was weeding (spraying round-up actually, but whatever) when he noticed that my tire was low on the cobalt. Upon closer inspection, he also noticed a screw sticking out of the top of the tire. Thank goodness we found this tonight instead of tomorrow morning! He put the spare on and then we went to the storage unit to get the mustang so I could drive it on Monday. Thank goodness we have not only my car, but another car that I can use instead of having to drive on the 35 mph spare all day!
So this morning, I headed out in the rain in the mustang (which always makes it a little more interesting to drive.) Driving the mustang in the rain is good for me because it makes me a more cautious driver, which I should be all the time, regardless of the weather. I was so nervous about driving the mustang and leaving early, because I always drive slower in it, that I forgot to make a lunch. At least I'm lucky enough to have food in the fridge to forget. When I got to work, I left the lights on but luckily remembered to turn them off about 5 minutes later. I'm glad I have a thoughtful co-worker who subtly reminded me that he always forgot to turn the lights off in his old truck! Work was a typical Monday: crazy! I'm glad I have a job to go to, crazy or not! Plus I needed to run an errand for Kyle I'm glad Kyle trusts me to run his errands and pick up parts for him so he won't have to go out of his way. I'm also happy to run this errand for Kyle since he is taking my tire in to be fixed, make dinner when I get home At least I have food to cook and the skills to cook it, and go to board meeting for the car club tonight I'm lucky to have activities to be involved in and friends to share it with! Will this day never end? Yes it will, and with any luck, another day will start again!
And lastly,
I am blessed to have a wonderful husband that helps take care of me, ensures my safety and well-being, and loves me unconditionally (he'd still love me even if I had left the lights on and ran the battery dead in the mustang!)
What a great Monday!
Them Hanson boys are good aren't they?
ReplyDeleteI must say, I've left the light on the Nova and the battery died... not to mention that same week, the Kia and the Tahoe batteries were all run dead...